Monday, May 12, 2008

Sunday in Brooklyn

I don't usually post about non-photo related aspects of my life, but I had such a great day yesterday, I thought I'd share the experience....and a few photos - it's still a photo blog, after all!
My mother-in-law has been in town visiting from the frozen tundra of Northern Minnesota. So for Mother's Day, Terra and I decided to share with her a few of the great things about our home, Brooklyn.
We started the day at the Brooklyn Flea in Ft. Greene, where I picked up a cool Linus figurine from 1966.
Our next stop was the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, where we caught the last of the Cherry Blossoms.
Then, we met up with our friends Nora and Carlos and we hit the Brooklyn Museum, where we reveled in the eye-popping, candy-coated glory of the Murakami exhibition.
Finally, exhausted, we enjoyed a tasty Cajun dinner at NoNo Kitchen in Park Slope. Whew.

Photobucket

No comments: