Monday, November 10, 2008

Graphic Novelists - Day 39

After a brief hiatus while working on other projects, I got back on the Graphic Novelists track earlier today when I had the pleasure of meeting legendary creator, Joe Kubert. I met Joe out in Dover, NJ at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, the school he founded with his wife, Muriel 32 years ago.
Joe Kubert has been working in comics since 1939, when he was only 13 years old! Some of his must-read book currently in print include; Tarzan: The Joe Kubert Years Volume 1, Sgt. Rock: The Prophecy, Jew Gangster: A Father's Admonition, Tor - Volume 1, and Fax From Sarajevo.

I decided to photograph Joe in front of his school, amid the fall foliage.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Claudio Nader said...

WOW, your project is wonderful... great!

...and these photos are fantastic.
I like those a lot, compliments.

Ah, i'm italian, so... excuse me for my bad english.. :)