Monday, February 23, 2009

Caught in the Act: Art in Brooklyn appearance

I recently taped a segment called Artist to Artist for a show called Caught in the Act: Art in Brooklyn for Brooklyn Independent Television.
For every episode they invite a Brooklyn-based artist to in turn invite another artist in for a conversation – no host, no list of questions, just two artists talking about process and whatever else intrigues them. I asked my buddy, cartoonist Dean Haspiel to share the segment with me. Dean and I had a great conversation where we discussed such topics as; my book - The Brooklynites, his books - The Quitter and The Alcoholic, how we both got started in our professions, how we met, our current collaboration - Graphic NYC, Chip Kidd, Walter Simonson, Arnold Newman, Martin Scorsese, Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Sergio Leone and more.

The show premieres this Wednesday, 2/25 at 10pm. It can be seen on Time Warner channel 56 or Cablevision on channel 69. It then airs every Mon & Wed at 2p and 10p for the next month, and also online next week.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy! That Dean guy is a real looker!

Karen said...

Should it worry me that TimeWarner Cable's listings for 2/25 at 10 PM are for something called "Metro Elvis"?

Tim Hamilton said...

I can watch it right after Lost!