Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jackson Solomon Kushner

For the year and a half I've posted on this blog, I've pretty much kept things professional, rarely posting items of a personal nature. Today though, I am compelled to share with the world my joy about being a new father. Not to worry, this will not become a blog of baby photos exclusively, but when I do post images of my son, Jackson, they will be ones which I consider to have photographic merit - you'll find no snapshots here.

My wife, Terra laboring at home, before rushing off to the hospital

Terra at the hospital, looking strong between contractions.

The first photo I took of my son. There will be many, many more. This is about 5 minutes after he was born. I was way too emotional to pick up my camera until that moment.

Jackson, a close-up study.

Another close-up. Yep, he looks like me, but with his mom's mouth.

My hand on his tiny head.

His mom holding his feet.

Again, Terra holding our newborn son.

Mother and child.

Jackson Solomon Kushner was born this past Saturday July 4th at 6:31AM, after 11 hours of labor. He came into the world a happy, healthy and beautiful bouncing baby boy. His mom did great, handling it all like a champ, and not only did his dad not pass out, but he helped with the delivery. He weighed 6 pounds and 12.8 ounces and measured 19.5 inches. We celebrated that night by watching fireworks from our hospital room window.

3 comments:

Tim Hamilton said...

Yaaay!

Joe Infurnari said...

Congratulations, Seth and Terra!

Loi An Le said...

A July 4th baby! A son! An heir! So fortunate, so fortunate!

Now you can tell someone to go to sleep when you accept the trophy at the Academy Awards.